From traditional to trendy: shiplap siding is making a comeback
If you watch HGTV, or get inspiration on Pinterest, you’ve probably seen shiplap siding being used indoors as both a wall and ceiling coverings. Before it was trendy for interior design projects, though, shiplap was a proven exterior siding.
Although not the most common choice for siding, we’ve installed shiplap siding on a number of homes in the Milwaukee area and it always looks stunning. Natural wood shiplap is widely available in white pine, red cedar and cypress. James Hardie and LP SmartSide also make a fiber cement version of shiplap siding in a wide range of colors. Whatever type of shiplap siding you’re interested in, Infinity Roofing can get it and install it for you. Get going on your installation project right away with affordable siding financing from Infinity!
Advantages of shiplap siding:
- Can be installed horizontally or vertically
- Can be stained, painted or clear coated
- Tight air and moisture seal works well in Wisconsin’s climate
- Can be used on traditional style homes or modern homes
- Relatively inexpensive
- Easier to repair than other siding materials
- Environmentally friendly