Pros and cons of slate roofing:
Pros of slate roofing:
- Long lifespan: Slate roofs are known to have the longest lifespan of any roof type, an average of 75-100 years.
- Increases home value: Slate shingles will increase your home’s resale value by $12,000, based on the national average.
- Amazing Looks: The photos speak for themselves!
- Energy efficient: Homeowners who install slate shingles will see a major drop in their energy bills.
- Fire resistant: Slate shingles are naturally fire resistant.
- Environmentally friendly: Due to their durability, old slate shingles can often be recycled or reused in gardens and landscaping.
- Durable & low maintenance: Slate shingles are the most durable shingles on the market!
Cons of slate roofing:
- Price: With premium quality comes premium cost! However, with such a durable and long-lasting shingle, you’ll likely save money in the long run.
- Weight: These shingles are also the heaviest shingle type, weighing up to 4x more than an asphalt roof. On average, a square of slate shingles can weigh between 800-1,000 lbs, which is something homeowners need to consider.
Our slate roofing services
Slate roof replacement
Is your house suffering from an old, cracked, or leaky slate roof? The roofing experts at Infinity will replace your slate roof, returning your home to its old glory. Out with the old stones, in with the new!
Slate roof installation
Looking to give your house a big facelift? Consider installing slate shingles for a sleek, modern, and natural look.
Slate roof repair
Don’t let a small leak become a big problem. Infinity offers repair on roofs of any type, height, and age.
How to choose a slate roofing contractor
Before you choose a slate roofing contractor, you should make sure they are:
- Fully Licensed by the state of Wisconsin and able to obtain all necessary city and state permits
- Insured with full liability and worker’s compensation insurance to protect YOU
- AttiCat certified installers of attic insulation for energy efficiency
- Perfect in the eyes of the Better Business Bureau. We haven’t received a complaint in 20 years of operation!
Other roofing options we offer:
Cedar wood shingles will give your house a natural and resilient look while saving on cost. Our lifetime warranty will keep your wood shingles in good shape for years to come.
Asphalt shingles are the most popular shingle in America. They’re durable, low maintenance, affordable, and last an average of 30 years.
Metal roofing systems are highly-rated, energy efficient, and backed by a 50-year manufacturer warranty.